I had a shirt I REALLY REALLY liked that got tye-dye on it. I have loved this shirt for at least 5 years. And it's a great shirt for being pregnant because it's long and roomy. And it has pockets. I washed it out as soon as I got home but the dye didn't come out. So I took it apart and made a prototype of it. I don't love my fabric choices, but I just wanted to see if I could actually do it, and maybe in the future I will make another one with cuter fabric. I just used fabric I already had.
The tragic stain
The finished product
trying to take a picture of myself
The best part about this project is it gave me a little sewing confidence. It took me a whole day with breaks and errands in between, but I didn't give up and I didn't get frustrated or take shortcuts. My Mom teases me that I don't buy patterns when I want to make something, I follow a tutorial online, but then I don't have to plan ahead or buy anything, and especially in this case, it's something I know I like and I like the way it fits.