I wake up every Sunday feeling so good! It is the only day we don't wake up to an alarm and I love it! We have church at 1pm this year, so there is time on Sunday to shave my legs (if I feel so inclined), to sit and write in my journal and read my scriptures. There is time to reconcile our bank account and eat breakfast together. Cooper doesn't get locked up in his crate right away.
There are several things I have felt grateful for lately. I will make a list:
1. Family-We have my parents close by which is really nice to be able to spend time with them on Sunday afternoons/evenings. We usually go over for dinner and last week they treated James to some of his favorites because James got a promotion at work. Also, they have given us some of their hand-me-downs that we really appreciate! (dishwasher, washer and dryer, keyboard)
2. Temple-We work at the temple every Saturday and I'm especially grateful for the associations we have with the great people that work there. There are so many good examples and we feel like they are like an extra Ward Family.
3. Jobs- James and I both have steady jobs which is a big deal in this economy. James works for Cigna and I am a full-time substitute.
4. Tax Returns!- We used our tax returns for such exciting things as paying off our credit card, putting money toward our car loan, a new suit for James (his first in a LONG time), some well-needed tires and a long overdue haircut for me.
5. Scrapbooking/Card Making- I have been taking some time for the creative juices to flow and it is my escape. Even if I can't get the kids to do what I want them to, at least I can make the paper do what I want it to.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Sunday, February 14, 2010
James and I went to Utah for Superbowl Weekend. We had found some cheap plane tickets and James' friend had invited us for a Superbowl Party, plus it has been a while since we have seen Laura and Jeff. We got there Thursday night and the first thing we did was go to In N Out Burger, just to see what all the fuss was about. It was good. So good, in fact, that we also went there Saturday night for dinner.
James and I spent Friday at the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. We were also planning to do a session at the Draper Temple, but it was closed for cleaning, which we didn't realize until we got up there, so we just took a picture of it.
Friday night we went to see Avatar in 3D. I have to admit, it was really good.
Saturday night Laura, Jeff, James and I decided to take some pictures of how it would look if we were getting engagement pictures taken at the Provo temple. Engagement pictures have changed just in the past couple years, have you noticed? No one is looking at each other anymore.
Sunday night we went and watched the Superbowl with Ryan, Erin, baby Logan, Nathan, Laura, and Jeff. Go Patriots! Also, I ate so much I thought I might throw up.
This is what the Mathatas Valentine's Day looked like this year. James' sent roses to work, which I would have liked to have kept in the classroom, but I didn't trust the preschoolers not to knock them over.
I got James some XBOX accessories, including this chatpad which makes it easier to talk to friends who have XBOX live and also to update his facebook status.
We exchanged cards (can you guess which one is from Christy and which one is from James?) and went to Olive Garden for dinner.
Olive Garden was a highlight. The food never tasted so good and we had a really awesome waitress whom we tipped well for her service. We celebrated on Friday night, but when we woke up on Sunday morning it was snowing. Beautiful Valentine's Day! I love the snow. I'm the one who keeps looking out the window to see if its still snowing and how much snow is on the ground.