Sunday, October 31, 2010

Lair o' the Bear

 















Yesterday I was thinking we were working at the temple but James reminded me that it was a 5th Saturday, not 1st or 3rd, so naturally, I wanted to go hiking.  I was thinking we could go hike Carpenter Peak, a 6.4 mile hike, but it only gains 1000 feet.  James wasn't having it, he convinced me to go to Lair o' the Bear, which is a small park near Morrison, CO.  It has a bunch of little trails, and we did find a good one that goes along the creek, but if I was to guess the name of the park, it would be "Lair o' the Bicyclists" because they were passing us every 3 minutes or so.  Most of them said, "On your left," but I don't think I'll go back there unless I have a bike, because it's kind of annoying when you're walking a dog to have to keep checking over your shoulder for them to come zooming by.  It was nice, though.  James got some good pictures of the creek.  I was thinking we would still see some fall leaves, but they are almost gone in the mountains. 

4 comments:

Laura K. said...

That's cool. How do you know about all these fun places to explore?

Christy Bateman Mathatas said...

My hiking book that I got at Costco for $10. Best investment I ever made. Sometimes I carry it around with me in my purse. :)

sara cardon said...

Jon would be in heaven with all of those great places to hike!!

Natalie said...

That just looks like so much fun! Great pictures. :D