Sunday, February 28, 2010

Why I Love Sunday/Things I'm Grateful For

I wake up every Sunday feeling so good! It is the only day we don't wake up to an alarm and I love it! We have church at 1pm this year, so there is time on Sunday to shave my legs (if I feel so inclined), to sit and write in my journal and read my scriptures. There is time to reconcile our bank account and eat breakfast together. Cooper doesn't get locked up in his crate right away.

There are several things I have felt grateful for lately. I will make a list:

1. Family-We have my parents close by which is really nice to be able to spend time with them on Sunday afternoons/evenings. We usually go over for dinner and last week they treated James to some of his favorites because James got a promotion at work. Also, they have given us some of their hand-me-downs that we really appreciate! (dishwasher, washer and dryer, keyboard)

2. Temple-We work at the temple every Saturday and I'm especially grateful for the associations we have with the great people that work there. There are so many good examples and we feel like they are like an extra Ward Family.

3. Jobs- James and I both have steady jobs which is a big deal in this economy. James works for Cigna and I am a full-time substitute.

4. Tax Returns!- We used our tax returns for such exciting things as paying off our credit card, putting money toward our car loan, a new suit for James (his first in a LONG time), some well-needed tires and a long overdue haircut for me.

5. Scrapbooking/Card Making- I have been taking some time for the creative juices to flow and it is my escape. Even if I can't get the kids to do what I want them to, at least I can make the paper do what I want it to.

2 comments:

Emily Judd said...

i love sundays too! we finally have 1:00 church and while I was dreading it I actually figured out that it is perfect for us!

sara cardon said...

We finally just got done with 1 p.m. church after 3 1/2 years and I was ELATED!! But without kids I'm sure it's perfect to get all those Sunday things done in the morning. What a nice post!