Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Wilton Course 2



Here are some pictures from Wilton Course 2. We did a lot of different royal icing flowers ahead of time and then assembled the cake with a basket weave on the side and decorated it with the flowers. I think royal icing flowers are much easier than buttercream flowers and they usually turn out better.
I made some cupcakes for my work Luau with the extra flowers I had. Pineapple cake mix with vanilla buttercream and coconut. Pina colada? The pineapple wasn't as prominent as I was hoping, but they still looked beautiful.
I have really loved taking cake decorating classes. It is one of the most fun things I have ever done! I will probably do the fondant course after the summer is over. Its a busy summer.

3 comments:

Emily Judd said...

awesome! I could never do the mums (is that what they are called?) the cupcakes are adorable!

sara cardon said...

WOW!! They look professional!! I have GOT to take those classes!

Laura K. said...

I can't believe you made that! It's amazing!! I want to take those classes too.